If you’re looking to improve your fitness and reach your fitness goals, one of the most important skills you can learn is how to count macros. Macros, or macronutrients, are the three main nutrients your body needs to function: protein, carbohydrates, and fats. By counting and tracking your macro intake, you can better control your caloric intake and ensure you’re getting the right balance of nutrients to fuel your body for optimal performance.
Here’s how to get started:
- Calculate Your Macros: The first step is to determine your daily macro requirements based on your fitness goals and personal stats such as age, height, weight, and activity level. There are plenty of macro calculators available online that can help you do this quickly and easily.
- Track Your Macros: Once you know your macro requirements, the next step is to track your daily intake. You can use a food tracking app such as MyFitnessPal or Lose It! to make this process easier. Simply enter the foods you eat and their corresponding macro values, and the app will do the rest.
- Adjust Your Macros: As you progress in your fitness journey, your macro needs may change. If you’re not seeing the results you want, you may need to adjust your macros by increasing or decreasing your protein, carb, or fat intake.
So what are the benefits of counting macros? Here are just a few:
- Greater Control Over Your Diet: By tracking your macros, you can make sure you’re getting the right balance of nutrients to fuel your body for optimal performance.
- Improved Body Composition: When you consume the right balance of macros, you can help build and maintain muscle while minimizing fat gain.
- More Effective Workouts: Consuming the right macros can help fuel your workouts, giving you the energy you need to push harder and go longer.
- Increased Nutrient Density: By tracking your macros, you can ensure you’re getting a variety of nutrients from a wide range of foods, leading to overall improved health and well-being.
In conclusion, counting macros is a valuable skill for anyone looking to improve their fitness and reach their goals. By calculating, tracking, and adjusting your macros, you can have greater control over your diet, improve your body composition, have more effective workouts, and increase nutrient density. So give it a try and see the results for yourself!
We offer nutritional guidance, if you’re ready to get started make sure to get in contact with us.